AiA provide a transparent, compliant and efficient service to our landlords. We offer the following services:
- Carry out a free property appraisal to advise on current rental value of the property and we will advise you of the current legislation to which both tenants and landlords have to comply with.
- Promote your property to find a suitable tenant by using a combination of: advertising on our website and internet property portals, which include the following: Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location, Lettingweb, DMEinfo, FT, Reed, This is Money, Home & Property, MSN, The Sun, Daily Mail, The Times, Telegraph, The Independent, Mail Online, Talk Talk, Evening Standard, Scotsman, The Sunday Times, Million Plus, Homes 24, AOL, Adzuna and Trovit. We will also erect a To Let board at the property to attract further interest.
The marketing fee is £199.00 + VAT per property.
- Check references and credit rating for all prospective tenants. We will also obtain photographic identification and proof of address in order to determine the tenants’ suitability for tenancy.
- Carry out a check-in inspection at the start of the tenancy and take an inventory of the property condition and furnishing prior to the commencement of the let. We will also advise you of any repairs that need to be done in order to conform to the standard of representation required to attract a suitable quality tenant. The landlord will be responsible for a check-in fee of £35+vat and an inventory fee of £100+vat.
- Prepare the tenancy agreement. The tenancy will usually be a Short Assured Tenancy as it gives the Landlord the right to regain possession of the property at the end of the fixed term. A Short Assured Tenancy must be a minimum of 6 months and the landlord can seek possession of the premises on a number of grounds established in the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988, and once the agreement reached its end (the 'ish' date).
- Collect a deposit which will be transferred to a tenancy Deposit Scheme as required by the Tenancy Deposit Schemes (Scotland) Regulations 2011.
- Collect the rent monthly and transfer it to a nominated account. Should the tenant fall into arrears, we will chase rent arrears using a combination of written, text and email reminders.
- Carry out periodic property inspections to check for any maintenance issues and to ensure that the condition of the property is being maintained. The landlord will be responsible for an inspection fee of £28+vat.We will deal with all the maintenance issues on your behalf using our contractors or your own preferred contractors. Every repair will be carried out in accordance to your instructions and after your authorisation has been obtained.
- Carry out a check out inspection at the end of the tenancy to assess the condition of the property. At this appointment we will advise the tenant on their deposit return and begin the process of liaising the deposit scheme provider for release of the deposit. The landlord will be responsible for a check out fee of £80+vat.